Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Mini Update: London's Calling!

Alright, so then, I did not mention this before on this blog but now, I am in London. I will be in London for a while doing a course in footwear. Honestly, it sounds exciting but honestly, I am super nervous to start.
I arrived in London on Friday, after waiting so long at the 'First time students and dependent' queue. The queue was unbelievably jammed packed and some people kept being sent to health control...however, I didn't need to be sent there...as I had my documentations ready but I had to wait at least an hour and a half until it was my turn.

Well then, I'm here, not much has happened apart from seeing a relative and for my parent's excitiement, going to a newer mall (Westfield Mall) to shop. Yup, I had to carry my dad's item which was from Alessi and heavy...and 'broken' according to him...




by Zaha Hahid
...at least I managed to get a pair of shoes I've been wanting to get for months from United Nude! It would have cost me SGD$ 400 but I got it for I think GBP 79! My dad thought I bought some hinge to fix the window.

Finally, I've got a pair of these!

It may seem old to most people but honestly, I like the design and it is one of the most comfortable pair of heels at it supports the foot in the middle rather than on the heel. The last it made of the same kind of metal used on BMW cars. Sturdy!

Later on in the night, at the food court, I had a pie from 'Square Pie' with their monthly special, Beef rendang and yes, it tasted like the Indonesian dish itself though it was weird eating it with mashed peas (on the side).Beef Rendang pie!


Now that I am here, I hope to go and see more exhibitions, markets, shops and other cities and countries for inspiration!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAAAAA>..Lisa... I Saw that shoes in sg too! I wanted to buy them but too ex.I wannntttt!!!! do you think you could help me get one too? I know its super comfy, however, I would probably get the one with strap(Like a mary Jane),would you? and btw, the rendang looks terribly delicious!!!